Monday, March 14, 2011

I am not sure if it is the weather * that cannot decide if its hot and sunny or freezing and snowing * or all the loveliness of having 2 kids in public schools, but everyone in my house is taking turns passing the latest sickness from one to another. My poor husband ruptured two disks in his lower back about a month and a half ago and has been home every since. We thought he might be going back to work this week,*I guess thats what we get for thinking.* but the medicine that he was originally on is finally wearing off and he is hurting all over again.
Needless to say that I have not had the energy, motivation or time to work on my house or my baking, let alone my blog.
I did however muster up the strength to bake a small birthday cake for my 7yr old daughter and 4 yr old nephew. It wasn't the prettiest cake in the world but between it and the root beer floats, the sugar high hit and no one even really looked at the cake. * The joys of a big family with 7 kids between the ages of 14 an 11 mos. *
With Saint Patricks Day on Thursday and my daughters birthday party sleepover on Saturday, this is going to be a very busy week. I have all these plans of things I am going to cook and bake, but the sun is out and the weather is warm. What I really want to do is curl up on a lawn chair with a book. It will be very challenging for me to work inside while the outside if calling to me. New goal for this week. Get caught up on housework, do a little baking in the evenings, relax outside and soak up some vitamin D!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment